I am going to share with you a little about our Medford Oregon L.D.S. Temple and why it brings me such happiness. Before I do that I want you to know that our Temples are not exclusive. Anyone can enter who is willing to live God's commandments. The Lord wants all of us to receive the blessings that He has made available there. Because the blessings are so special we must be baptized and talk to a member of our Bishopric and our Stake Presidency to receive a recommend before we can enter this holy place.

One. Only in the Temple can we baptize for those who have already died. In the book of John the Savior tells us that only those who have been baptized can attain God's Heaven. It is a privilege to be able to do this work in our Temple so that those who have died can recieve the same blessings we can have.
One day while working in the Temple a sister started crying. She asked me why she was feeling such strong emotions. We looked at the card that told about the woman who was dead for whom we were doing the work. We could see that this woman had been waiting for two hundred years to recieve this blessing. We felt her spirit of gratitude and it brought us to tears.
Two. Oh how grateful I am that in the Temple we can be married to our husbands for all eternity. And with that blessing our children can be sealed to us forever and we can be sealed to our parents also. In the almost 50 years that Parley and I were married I had the security that Parley would always be faithful to me because his family was so important to him. I know that he is waiting for me and we will be together again. Shortly before he died, when we knew we had very little time left together on this earth, he said to me "Don't wait too long." I know that Parley needs me with him to be completely happy and of course the same is true for me.

Three. I'm not sure if I can put into words how it makes you feel to be in the Temple. There is such peace and holiness there, and there is such a bond that one feels with those who are working there.It is one place where we know the Savior comes, and angels are there often.
So I have shared some thoughts that are dear to my heart and I would hope that reading this you might feel the urgency to prepare yourselves to recieve these blessings. Repentance is often necessary to be able to enter the holy doors of the Temple and you need to know that we can repent and be free of our sins.
One. Only in the Temple can we baptize for those who have already died. In the book of John the Savior tells us that only those who have been baptized can attain God's Heaven. It is a privilege to be able to do this work in our Temple so that those who have died can recieve the same blessings we can have.
One day while working in the Temple a sister started crying. She asked me why she was feeling such strong emotions. We looked at the card that told about the woman who was dead for whom we were doing the work. We could see that this woman had been waiting for two hundred years to recieve this blessing. We felt her spirit of gratitude and it brought us to tears.
Three. I'm not sure if I can put into words how it makes you feel to be in the Temple. There is such peace and holiness there, and there is such a bond that one feels with those who are working there.It is one place where we know the Savior comes, and angels are there often.
So I have shared some thoughts that are dear to my heart and I would hope that reading this you might feel the urgency to prepare yourselves to recieve these blessings. Repentance is often necessary to be able to enter the holy doors of the Temple and you need to know that we can repent and be free of our sins.

2 comments:
I love the temple more, the more I go!
we have a 90 min drive to st paul temple. i love the time we have together on the road going and coming. it makes the temple experience fulfilled for us.
Post a Comment